On Saturday November 1st, people all across the country will gather in public spaces to fast, support our fasters, and reach out to the public about the urgency of voting this November.
The Fast for Democracy is a call to all who believe in "one person, one vote" political equality to pledge to use their vote this November and support pro-democracy candidates who will fight for reform to end corruption.
As we enter the final weeks of a midterm election that is almost certain to be marked by the most big money spent and the lowest voter turnout in American history, we who believe in “one person, one vote” political equality must exercise our right to vote and support candidates who will defend our democracy.
Kai Newkirk and other 99Rise leaders are fasting until at least 28,000 Americans (after the 28th Amendment for which we fight) sign the pledge to stand against corruption and vote in support of pro-democracy candidates this November.
If you're interested in organizing an action in your own city, it's super simple!
Here's all you need to do & tools for doing it:
- Be in a public place where at least one participant is fasting for the day
- Recruit pledges via the downloadable democracy voter pledge (and report & share them after)
- Encourage pro-democracy voting by sharing the voter guides
- Engage the public with flyers
- Spread the word via traditional and social media
- Maintain a commitment to nonviolence throughout the action.